[Michlib-l] IPad in Children's Department

Sally-Adrina Taylor staylor at rcplib.org
Wed Dec 18 17:00:12 EST 2013

Hi Brenda,
Rapid City Public Libraries recently put four iPads up in our Youth Services area. We had someone come in and build a shelf/desk into the wall and then mounted the iPads onto the desk with stands. Our first set from Vanguard Protex Global was their G5 model and one of the stands broke within the first three days. I cannot recommend that model. We choose Vanguard Protex Global because it could remain tethered and charging from the same cord. Try not to buy a metal stand that will scratch the iPad charging cord, because it will slice through the plastic. I will be writing a blog soon, to share what I learned from working with the iPads and placing them on display. Feel free to message me personally and I will answer any other questions you might have or send pictures of our "appy iPads".

Sally-Adrina Taylor
Rapid City Public Libraries
Public Services - Library Associate I
(605) 394-6139