[Michlib-l] Documentaries

Dave Ewick dewick at southfieldlibrary.org
Tue Dec 10 09:57:31 EST 2013

Hi All -

Libraries are a great place for patrons to find fantastic documentaries.  I wanted to recommend a few documentary DVD titles, and ask others for their recommendations.  If I can find links, I'll add them after the title.  Everyone rushes in to us for the latest theatrical titles, but there are some wonderful gems in the documentaries that get over-looked and it is only through libraries that many of them will be found.

Landfill harmonic - http://www.landfillharmonicmovie.com/

http://www.upworthy.com/watch-the-first-54-seconds-that-s-all-i-ask-you-ll-be-hooked-after-that-i-swear?c=reccon1

It's a Girl - http://www.itsagirlmovie.com/

Tough Guise - http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=211 (Media Educ. is a great source)

Flirting with Danger - http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=250

The Art of Possibility - http://www.enterprisemedia.com/product/00648/art-possibility-series/  (wish I could afford this!)

Please reply to me off-list if you have a title to share, or a company that you want other librarians to check out.  I'll compile a bigger list and we can all see what each other recommends.

Happy Holidays,
Dave

David L. Ewick

City Librarian