[Michlib-l] Responses to my questions regarding new video game consoles

Elisabeth Phou elisabeth.phou at baldwinlib.org
Mon Dec 9 17:02:30 EST 2013

Thanks to everyone to responded to my original post about ordering games
for the PS4 and Xbox One.  If you're interested in seeing what people had
to say, here are the responses:

One librarian said, "I have already placed a large order because I want the
titles on the shelves before the holidays."  She isn't going to stop
ordering PS3 and Xbox 360 quite yet, but eventually she might. These are
the titles she ordered in both of the new formats:
FIFA 14
Need for speed rivals
Madden NFL 25
Battlefield 4
Just Dance 2014
Call of duty: ghosts
Assassin's creed black flag
NBA 2K
LEGO Marvel

A hospital librarian asked her 16-year-old gamer son what he thought, and
he said, “Libraries shouldn't start stocking PS4 or Xbox One games yet!
It's too early in their lifespan! There aren't enough games yet."

Another librarian says, "I've already started orderinig PS4 and Xbox One.
 I will still order PS3 and Xbox 360 but probably cut back.  People are
going to expect this, and if you don't stay relevant, you'll become
obsolete."

And finally, someone said "I am going to start purchasing PS4 and Xbox One
games in our new budget year which starts in July. I may purchase requests
(depending on how popular the game is). I will probably stop purchasing for
PS3 and Xbox 360 since our budget can't support all of these platforms."

Hope this helps!

Elisabeth Phou
Adult/Teen Services Librarian
Baldwin Public Library