[Michlib-l] New Early Literacy Resources in MeL (Michigan eLibrary)

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Wed Aug 28 16:45:31 EDT 2013

We've been waiting to get the new early literacy resources up on MeL, but we've had a delay in that, so I'm just going to go ahead and make the announcement to the lists this afternoon since many inquiring minds want to know ;-)  Here's what we plan to add to MeL early September; look for them in http://mel.org/kids and http://mel.org/databases:

BookFlix - Scholastic
Early World of Learning, World Book Kids and Enciclopedia Estudiatil Hallazgos - World Book
eBook K-8 Collection and NoveList K-8 Plus - EBSCO

These resources will be excellent to promote to parents, homeschool families, teachers, pre-service teachers and education faculty, daycare programs, Headstart and Greatstart programs and many others!  We will be working on training and promotional materials with the vendors and will make both available this fall.  An official press release from the Michigan Department of Education/Library of Michigan is forthcoming.

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,
Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-373-4466
biggsthomasd at michigan.gov
http://mel.org    http://facebook.com/mel.org