[Michlib-l] Talk to me about your broadband sucess story

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Tue Aug 20 11:25:02 EDT 2013

The Library of Michigan wants you to be a part of our "One Gigabit Many Libraries" session at the upcoming Connect Michigan Broadband Conference for which we are a sponsor. The event will be at the MSU Kellogg Center in Lansing on Thursday, October 24th from 10-5 and the session is from 1:45 - 2:30.

We're putting together a panel where one gigabit libraries can showcase how their capacity has helped individuals and businesses in their communities. We're looking for large and small libraries and examples that are interesting and unique to your situation or geographic area. If you have a cool story about how your gigabit broadband capacity has helped patrons, we want to hear it. Merit will be doing the introduction but you do not have to receive service through Merit to be on this panel. You'll have about 10 minutes to speak and a multimedia presentation is welcome but not necessary. A stipend will be available to defray travel expenses. Please reply to me at norriss2 at michigan.gov<mailto:norriss2 at michigan.gov> as well as to Shannon White at whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov> with your story if you are interested in being on this panel, we look forward to hearing from you!

Whether you want to be on the panel or simply to attend the conference, we welcome you to join us on October 24th. Attached please find the program flyer. There is no cost for library staff to attend but you will need this promotional code on the registration page:

http://www.connectmi.org/events/2013-michigan-broadband-conference
Libraries4Broadband

Cheers,
Sonya