[Michlib-l] Coupon Exchange Box

Diane O'Keefe dokeefe at fpl.info
Wed Aug 14 10:34:49 EDT 2013

We have had a coupon box for many years, first at one of our smaller
branches, and now at the Main branch, since the smaller branches closed.
We have a Disability Network volunteer who comes in twice a week to clip
and file the coupons by subject in the box.  This makes it a little more
difficult for someone to grab them all, although there have been
occasions recently where that happened.  Our volunteer comes in on
Wednesdays and Fridays, so that is when we get the lines.  We moved the
box to the Reference desk, so patrons have to come and ask for it and
return it to the librarian when finished.  This seems to be working to
keep patrons from emptying it.  We also put a note on the box, asking
patrons to consider others and not take all of the coupons.

Diane M. O'Keefe

Lead Librarian

Flint Public Library

1026 E. Kearsley