[Michlib-l] Fw: Partial Library Services to Contracted Areas

Mase, Sheryl (MDE) MaseS at michigan.gov
Thu Aug 8 11:57:47 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I would like to make a plea for all public libraries in Michigan to offer true public access computing, just as you would provide access to the public (not just your library patrons) to your physical building and use of the collections on site.  Much of the equipment and broadband service has been provided by private and public funding (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IMLS, E-rate, BTOP), and as such, should be made available to ALL of the public without them having to have a library card.  There are ways to configure guest access so that you can still track usage.

Thanks!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE942E.65E3FDD0]
Sheryl L. Mase
Assistant Director