[Michlib-l] Michigan Collections Network Conservation Camp

Driedger, Kevin (MDE) DriedgerK at michigan.gov
Thu Aug 1 14:50:12 EDT 2013

Greetings
The Michigan Collections Network will be holding their first conservation camp later this fall.
The event will be an opportunity to share and learn different approaches and techniques for caring for our print collections. Topics can range from protecting paperbacks, to dealing with wet books, to different techniques for paper repair, to working with vendors. No topic or question will be too basic or too advanced to be included.
Following the camp/unconference model participants will be encouraged, but not required, to do a short presentation or demonstration. All who are interested are invited.
Be on the lookout for a call for participation once we've settled on a time and location. It will likely be in the third week of November, either at MSU or the Library of Michigan.
Kevin
Kevin Driedger
Librarian for Conservation and Digitization
driedgerk at michigan.gov<mailto:driedgerk at michigan.gov>