[Mcls-print-storage] Update from MI-SPI Steering Committee (Important Information)

Stephanie Davis daviss at mcls.org
Fri Nov 3 08:22:44 EDT 2023

Dear Colleagues, the MI-SPI Steering Committee recently and below are notes/recommendations from our meeting. Also below is a Doodle poll for selecting a meeting day and time for the full MI-SPI group in January 2024.
The biggest issue before the group right now is the question about extending access to the GreenGlass group data for another year (see below).

  *   Access to the 2019 refresh data in Green Glass ends on December 31, 2023.
     *   The Steering Committee recommends extending access for another year to give MI-SPI time to determine future direction and next steps.
     *   MI-SPI can maintain access to the group data if one library chooses to extend access. Attached is a spreadsheet that lists each participating library and the associated fee for extending access. OCLC confirmed with me that if one library extends access then the group data is available for everyone. Please review this information. I am going to follow-up with the group in mid-November to find out if there is an interested library.

  *   Transition MI-SPI from GreenGlass to Gold Rush.
     *   OCLC is developing its Choreo product to integrate with GreenGlass. We do not have a timeline for when this might happen.
     *   The Steering Committee views Gold Rush as a viable option for MI-SPI. It offers more flexible options, and we received positive feedback after the March 2023 demonstration. Here is a link<https://coalliance.org/faq-library-content-comparison-system> to an overview of Gold Rush.
     *   GreenGlass and GoldRush use different pricing models. GreenGlass charges by project and includes various fees. Gold Rush charges libraries yearly. Attached is a document that outlines the pricing models and show estimates of per library costs.

  *   Move MI-SPI to EAST Scholars Trust
     *   EAST offers services and resources to support shared print endeavors. We will review these together at our January 2024 meeting.
     *   Attached is an overview of membership models through EAST. Please note that moving to EAST does involve additional costs for libraries.

  *   January 2024 meeting to discuss future directions.
     *   Please complete this Doodle poll<https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/dwk5vr8d> by December 1, 2023.

Please reach out with any questions. There is a lot of information here and if anything needs further clarification, let me know. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Stephanie D. Davis, M.S./M.B.A
Associate Director/Group Purchasing Manager
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
517-489-4577
daviss at mcls.org<mailto:daviss at mcls.org%0b>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA0731.223324E0]
mcls.org<https://www.mcls.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/mclsorg> | LinkedIn