[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI Green Glass Data Access: Issue with access extension

Stephanie Davis daviss at mcls.org
Wed Dec 20 15:47:23 EST 2023

Greetings Colleagues, I'm reaching out to share about issues that have developed related to the MI-SPI data extension access. When I followed up with OCLC about Kettering University extending data access for a year, they informed me that only Kettering would have access to the data. Data would be "stored", but not available to others. They also indicated Kettering's cost would not be enough to cover the storage. It became clear there was a misunderstanding on my part and some lack of clarity by them. I met with them yesterday to try and reach a workable solution. They offered to extend data for 6 months at a cost of $9,086. Based on group conversation, I do not view this as a realistic option. This means data access will end on December 31, 2023. Prior to that date, MCLS will pull the 2019 MI-SPI refresh data from GreenGlass to store internally. I will be reaching out to GoldRush for guidance on any recommendations they have for the data extraction. If you have downloaded data for your own purposes, let me know.

I regret this communication issue with OCLC and take responsibility for my part in the misunderstanding, aware this puts us in a difficult position as the deadline for data access draws near. The full MI-SPI group will meet on January 19, 2024, 11am-Noon (Doodle poll results) where we'll discuss next steps for MI-SPI. Look for the invite.

Sincerely,
Stephanie D. Davis, M.S./M.B.A
Associate Director/Group Purchasing Manager
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
517-489-4577
daviss at mcls.org<mailto:daviss at mcls.org%0b>
[cid:image001.png at 01DA334C.95F2A850]
mcls.org<https://www.mcls.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/mclsorg> | LinkedIn