[Mcls-print-storage] update from the steering committee

Cara Cadena cadenac at gvsu.edu
Fri Sep 18 14:35:32 EDT 2020

Hello Mi-SPI libraries,

I wanted to give a brief update on the status of our project. The steering committee has agreed upon retention criteria and we'll present these scenarios to the MI-SPI governing board on October 5th. With their approval, we'll be able to move forward with OCLC. I believe we found a good model that doesn't over burden any one library. OCLC will assist anyone who wants to tweak their allocations after the lists are distributed (if your list is too big, they will work with you to make it smaller).

I will send more detailed information after I meet with the governing board. I will also be reaching out to the task forces with ideas and suggestions for keeping this project moving over the next year. Thank you for your patience, we are getting closer. If you have questions please let me know. Stay well!

Cara Cadena (GVSU), Helen Levenson (OU), Matt Buckley (SVSU), and Amie Pifer (CMU)