[Mcls-print-storage] update from the steering committee

Cara Cadena cadenac at gvsu.edu
Wed Oct 7 12:49:15 EDT 2020

Good morning Mi-SPI libraries,

I met with the Mi-SPI governing board on Monday to approve our retention models. They unanimously voted to approve. Here is a link to the recording of the meeting, note that it starts in the middle of introductions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fJ4PSRBL3SrAKrpFQcIrGuuu6u3gmsdD/view?usp=sharing

Here are the slides I presented that include our 2015 model combined with the proposed 2019 model:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1LUN-hrgXODu4oUm57fR7Ay-JYFEaqtRAWjYhXl8ICHQ/edit?usp=sharing

Next steps:  for those of you who could not attend the meeting, please respond to me letting me know you approve of this new criteria. The last slide in the above presentation gives an average percentage of allocations for each member. Once we have consensus, I'll let OCLC know and they will run their algorithms and alert us when our data is ready to download in GreenGlass. We'll then have about a month to review our data and submit any changes to OCLC.

I need confirmation from the following libraries please:

Ferris State

Spring Arbor
Questions? Let me know. Thanks!
Cara

Cara Cadena
Head of Collections & Digital Scholarship
Grand Valley State University Libraries
Pronouns: she/her/hers
616-331-7337
cadenac at gvsu.edu <mailto:cadenac at gvsu.edu>