[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI 2.0 Update, February

Stephanie Davis daviss at mcls.org
Tue Feb 4 16:58:36 EST 2020

Dear Colleagues, I've heard from a few about asking about the status of MI-SPI 2.0. I know people are ready to get their retention lists and move forward on the project!

Here's a quick update of where we currently stand:

  *   OCLC now all data from all (14)participating libraries.
  *   MI-SPI 2.0 is in the "queue" for the SCS data analysis process.
     *   I spoke with Cynthia DuChane, our project contact at OCLC, shortly before the holiday and she indicated the SCS analysis would be completed and retention assignments completed and shared in late March.
     *   At ALA MidWinter, I started a conversation about getting MI-SPI 2.0 moved up in the queue. I'll keep you posted on that effort.
     *   Attached is a revised timeline based on the current information.
  *    The MI-SPI 2.0 Steering Committee will be meeting in a few weeks to finalize decisions about topics we've been discussing, including shifting some of the current retention commitments and dealing with lost and missing items. We'll also discuss whether or not the Task Force groups need to meet prior to the reception of data.
  *   While we wait to receive information from OCLC, I would encourage the group to revisit the MOU, particularly section 7, Description and Retention of Shared Print Collection, as this is the section outlining specific responsibilities of libraries related to retention lists. I've attached the MOU here for easy access.
  *   The MI-SPI website<https://www.mcls.org/engagement/mi-spi/> has been updated and now lists the MI-SPI 2.0 participants.
  *   The national efforts related to shared print continue to advance. I attended meetings at ALA MidWinter related to this work. Below are links for further information.
     *   PAN Forum, ALA MidWinter 2020<https://www.crl.edu/events/pan-ala-midwinter-2020-philadelphia-pennsylvania> (link to reports from various shared print groups on projects and initiatives).
     *   Partnership for Shared Print Collections<https://sharedprint.org/> (updates on the formalization of this group).

Please reach out if you have any questions. I'll be in touch as information becomes available.

Sincerely,

Stephanie D. Davis, M.S./M.B.A.
Manager
Group Purchasing
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
(800) 530-9019 ext 154
daviss at mcls.org<mailto:daviss at mcls.org>

[id:image001.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [id:image002.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [id:image003.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0] <http://www.mcls.org/>