[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI 2.0 Notes & Updates, August 2020

Stephanie Davis daviss at mcls.org
Wed Aug 5 13:21:49 EDT 2020

Greetings! I hope you all are getting a chance to dig into your collection data in GreenGlass! I am following up on a few items from our recent meetings with OCLC, both the full-group meeting and the training for new MI-SPI libraries.

  *   MI-SPI 2.0 Scope. There was some question about the exact scope of the project. This has not changed from the initial MI-SPI project and will be added into GreenGlass by OCLC for easy access.
     *   Monographs only, including multi-volume sets.
     *   No serials.
     *   No special collections.
     *   No government documents, reference books or reserve books.

  *   Remediation work. As you'll recall, OCLC encouraged all libraries to the remediation lists provided to each library in GreenGlass. You'll see a link to remediation when you log into the system (right hand side). Please note that any changes made do not impact your data set. The recommendations are made to help libraries "to improve the correctness of your records, the completeness of your WorldCat holdings, and/or the efficacy of your collection."

  *   Retention Models. We are also asking all libraries to experiment with group retention models. The Steering Committee met this week and will meet again next week to build retention models for the group to review. If you have thoughts, ideas or suggestions, please share with me and I will forward to the Steering Committee.

  *   Committees. If you are on one of the committees (Collection Data & Analysis and Resource Sharing and Metadata) formed earlier on in the MI-SPI 2.0 process, please know the Steering Committee will be touching base with members of the two committees soon.

  *   GreenGlass Tutorials. OCLC has created a variety of tutorials to assist GreenGlass users. You'll find them here, https://www.oclc.org/en/greenglass/resources.html

As always, please reach out with any questions.

Sincerely,
Stephanie D. Davis, M.S./M.B.A.
Manager
Group Purchasing
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
(800) 530-9019 ext 154
daviss at mcls.org<mailto:daviss at mcls.org>

[id:image001.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [id:image002.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [id:image003.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0] <http://www.mcls.org/>