[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI 2.0: Collection Inquiry Form & Kick Off w/OCLC

Stephanie Davis daviss at mcls.org
Tue Jun 4 17:22:44 EDT 2019

Greetings! OCLC has assigned our data analysts. Cynthia DuChane<mailto:duchanec at oclc.org?subject=MI-SPI%202.0>, will serve as our Lead Data Analyst and Liaison for getting new data live in GreenGlass. Given the scale of our project Cynthia will be assisted by another Data Analyst, Andy Breeding<mailto:breedina at oclc.org?subject=MI-SPI%202.0>. Many of you already know Andy from his previous involvement with MI-SPI. Jimmy Kuckelheim<mailto:kuckelhj at oclc.org?subject=MI-SPI%202.0> rounds out the OCLC team working with MI-SPI 2.0. I met with Cynthia and Andy today.

Here are the next assignments related to MI-SPI 2.0-

1-Please complete the attached collection inquiry form. This basic questionnaire asks for information about your collections as well as seeks to identify your project goals. It will guide in solidifying the scope of our project. Later you'll complete a detailed Library Data and Cataloging questionnaire. Please complete this collection inquiry and return to me by June 21, 2019. If you have any questions about the form, let me know.

2-We are ready to schedule our official Kick-Off with OCLC. Please complete a short Doodle poll to help me select the best date for this meeting. I'm being optimistic and have listed late June dates, after ALA, and one date in early July before the 4th.

As we discussed last month, participants are welcome to come to MCLS for the meeting, but it will be offered via zoom to accommodate our data analysts and those who don't want to travel.  https://doodle.com/poll/ry2qc4v7m77imvw3

Finally, invoicing is in process. Look for your invoice in the next few days. Thanks everyone!

My best,

Stephanie D. Davis, M.S./M.B.A.
Manager
Group Purchasing
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
(800) 530-9019 ext 154
daviss at mcls.org<mailto:daviss at mcls.org>

[id:image001.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [id:image002.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [id:image003.png at 01D31B4A.897DA8C0] <http://www.mcls.org/>