[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI Access to GreenGlass data

Grudzien, Pamela A. grudz1pa at cmich.edu
Mon Apr 30 10:43:20 EDT 2018

Good morning, MI-SPI partners,

I'm very pleased to be working with you all as consultant/project coordinator for MI-SPI for the next year.   My first task is to finalize MI-SPI's next agreement with OCLC regarding MI-SPI data and access to it.

Earlier in the year, MI-SPI members were surveyed about their interests in a mini-refresh of our collection data and continuing access to the MI-SPI data set via GreenGlass.  Randy shared the results with you several weeks ago. There was some interest in the refresh.  But, there was interest in continuing GreenGlass access from all the members except CMU Libraries.  This information was shared with OCLC and you can read the excerpt from Peter Zeimet's response just below.

Hi Randy and Helen,
Our team discussed this and it turns out splitting the group would be more work than if everyone did a data refresh.  So we think the group needs to choose one option or the other...
If I need to adjust the proposal for CMU's departure please let me know. I can advance the order and send you a copy for your records. I'm happy to talk through this over the phone as well.
Best regards,
 Pete

Pete Zeimet, M.L.S.
Manager, Sustainable Collection Services (SCS)
OCLC, 6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, OH 43017

I talked with CMU Libraries Dean Kathy Irwin late last week and she decided to opt in for the GreenGlass subscription.  So we have truly unanimous partner support for this option.  After discussion with the MI-SPI Steering Committee, it was agreed that we should pursue the GreenGlass subscription with OCLC/SCS, at this point in time.  We will work toward the other option, a refresh of MI-SPI data, as a goal for 2019.

The next step is to communicate this decision to OCLC/SCS and proceed with the subscription.

If you have any questions, please contact me and Helen Levenson.  Thank you all for your continuing participation and collaboration in this significant project.

Best regards,
Pamela Grudzien

PAGe Consulting
2715 Albert Drive SE