[Mcls-print-storage] MISPI and GreenGlass

Grudzien, Pamela A. grudz1pa at cmich.edu
Wed Nov 25 09:45:03 EST 2015

Good morning to all:

Here is a quick update on the MISPI  refresh project.

*         SCS has combined all our print monograph bib records into a new MISPI collective collection.

*         SCS set up a MISPI instance in their collection analysis program called GreenGlass.   Greenglass provides an impressive set of analysis and imaging software that can be applied to individual member collections as well as the collective collection.  We are the first group to be using Green Glass for Groups (G3).

*         The MISPI Steering Committee had an introduction to G3 yesterday afternoon.  I think it is safe to say that we were all impressed with its capabilities and its potential for assisting collaborative action for MISPI.

The next step in our timeline is  to schedule a meeting for all MISPI partners to come together.   Rick Lugg and Andy Breeding of SCS will join us to talk about the combination process and to provide an orientation to GreenGlass for Groups.
Please link to this doodle poll to indicate your availability for a face to face meeting during the week of December 14.   http://doodle.com/poll/xvzb9aifb274z2u7

We  have some questions to ponder and some decisions to make at this meeting about the path MISPI will take in this new iteration. The shared print project world has  grown and developed since MISPI began.  There are new models and perspectives for us to consider.  Please be thinking about these in the next couple weeks.

*         The data and analysis in GreenGlass shifts the focus of the collective collection from weeding (what each of us could withdraw from our collections) to retention (what each of us keeps on behalf of the whole).

Do we want to maintain the same criteria as the first analysis?

*         Shall we consider ways MISPI can participate in the larger picture?  How can MISPI contribute to the regional or even national collective collection?

Please take a few moments to fill in the doodle poll for a meeting time.  Thanks Everyone!

Wishing you all a relaxing and renewing Thanksgiving holiday,

Pamela

Pamela Grudzien
Director of Acquisitions, Metadata & Resource Sharing Services
Central Michigan University
310A  Park Library                            Voice:  989-774-6422
250 East Preston Street                     Email:
Mount Pleasant, MI  48859              Grudz1pa at cmich.edu<mailto:Grudz1pa at cmich.edu>