[Mcls-print-storage] Report on MI SPI and SCS Meeting at ALA

Grudzien, Pamela A. grudz1pa at cmich.edu
Tue Mar 11 17:00:58 EDT 2014

Barbara,  I remember that you expressed these concerns at the MI SPI meeting at MCLS in October.  I can assure you that the Steering Committee will be considering next steps from many perspectives and probably will be working on option scenarios for discussion with the whole group.  One major part of the discussion will be the timing of
a refresh.  There will never be a convenient time for everyone involved.  Based on what SCS said, and the need to investigate funding or grant possibilities, it’s unlikely the refresh would happen before late 2015/early 2016.
 Creating the collective collection and sharing monograph retention was to be the first step in a collaborative collection development and management endeavor.   The addition of new partners is a key step in continuing the successful collaboration of the MI SPI project.  It is likely that once the institutions waiting in the wings are added the size of the group will remain stable for many years to come.
  Looking forward to talking about this at the Spring MI SPI meeting.

Pamela Grudzien
Head of Technical Services
Central Michigan University         Voice:  989-774-6422
310A  Park Library                            Fax:  989-774-2145
250 East Preston Street                     Email:
Mount Pleasant, MI  48859              Grudz1pa at cmich.edu<mailto:Grudz1pa at cmich.edu>