[Mcls-print-storage] Agenda for March 9

Ellen Seidel eseidel at mtu.edu
Fri Mar 2 16:04:01 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Below is the Agenda for Friday, March 9, at MCLS. I've attached a strawman MOU as a starting point for the discussion as well other potential terms for your consideration.

If you have additional suggestions for terms we need to address, don't hesitate to send them to me, Barbara Cockrell or Bob Kelly. There may not be time for additional topics at this meeting, but we need to be sure all concerns are addressed. The MOU will be a work in progress for some time to come.

Barbara Cockrell will chair the discussion.

Agenda

1. Determination of a minimum length of time for the agreement, including potential subtopics:

    • scheduled intervals for review of the agreement
    • allowance for superseding agreements
    • allowance for extension of the agreement
    • providing for the ability to leave the group before the end of the agreement

2. Guidelines for care and preservation of retained titles:

    • reporting lost, missing, or badly damaged items
    • processes for replacement copies
    • inventorying (best practice recommendation)
    • verify all copies circulate and are accessible through ILL

3. Addition of identification to local bibliographic records for assigned retention titles

4. Review the goal statement.

5. Agree at the end of the meeting that this is a starting point for discussions at our own institutions and we will continue to address concerns as the process moves forward.
I won't be attending the meeting, but I wish you a productive session.

Ellen Seidel
Head, Collection Management & Technical Services
J. Robert Van Pelt and John and Ruanne Opie Library
Michigan Technological University
906-487-3064
eseidel at mtu.edu