[Mcls-print-storage] SCS Data Error

Thomas Zantow tzantow at svsu.edu
Thu Jan 19 13:00:04 EST 2012

The thought I wrestle with is that if an item has zero circulations in a library, why does other library circulations matter? In other words, we want to have the option to discard dead wood in our library.

Using Randy's first example for title 4

- MTU, SVSU, WMU, and WSU have copies that circulated and thus would not see these on their lists.

- CMU, EMU and GVSU also own copies but with no circulations. Being that 4 copies would stay in the group, why would these three libraries be compelled to keep theirs?

In other words, if the first SCS calculations permitted the above scenario, why would we want to change it? If the first calculations did not permit the above scenario, might it be worth considering?

Best regards,

.. Thom ..

Thomas Zantow
Head of Access Services