[Mcls-print-storage] Thursday's meeting

Randy Dykhuis DykhuisR at mcls.org
Tue Jan 10 17:06:29 EST 2012

I'm working on the agenda for Thursday's conference call. At our meeting
on December 9, we agreed that we would use this meeting to finalize the
allocation model of withdrawal candidates across the 7 participants. Andy
provided additional information about two models on December 14. By now
you should also have received your unique title list.

Since then, some other questions have arisen about the nature of the
picklist reports with withdrawal candidates and I think it makes sense to
include SCS at the beginning of the call to answer these questions  &
provide additional input about the two allocation scenarios we discussed.

I've put together a draft agenda & welcome suggestions:

Agenda:

10:00 SCS - Q&A about reports, allocation scenarios, etc
11:00 Allocation - Decision about allocation model
11:30 Other business
            -- Presentation to COLD directors
            -- Adding other participants
12:00 Adjourn

A little more detail about the last two items:

COLD directors: I think it is important that we prepare an update that can
be presented through a webinar to all COLD directors. They are ultimately
the ones who will make the decisions about continuing to participate in
the program. I would like to recruit a couple of volunteers to work on a
presentation that could be done within the next 3 or 4 weeks.

New participants: We touched on this a bit at the December meeting but I
don't believe we reached any conclusions. Oakland U is in and there have
been inquiries from others. It seems like there is a lot of interest in
this topic right now and little awareness of the work we've done so far. I
would like to send a general update to all academic libraries informing
them of our progress and inviting more participants. I'd like some
discussion about the timeframe for bringing them in and identifying the
issues we'll need to decide to make this work as new libraries join the
group.

Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
Lansing, MI & Indianapolis, IN
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879
Cell:  (517) 927-5121