[Mcls-print-storage] Allocation numbers

Randy Dykhuis DykhuisR at mcls.org
Fri Feb 17 16:50:51 EST 2012

I often take silence as assent & occasionally get in trouble for it but so
far there have been no dissenters to the proposed allocation scheme I
floated. If there are concerns, it would be good to hear them by Monday so
that SCS can get busy cranking out the deselection lists. I know that some
of you are anxious to get cracking on this.

To restate:

Deselection titles would be allocated as shown below. Because most
participants want a predictable & precise number of titles that they can
deselect, individual library lists will not use circulation data as a way
to allocate titles. Depending on what we learn this time around, this
could be modified in future iterations of this process.

 CMU: 37,000 titles
 EMU: 67,145 titles
 GVSU: 48,228 titles
 MTU: 49,177 titles
 SVSU: 52,673 titles
 WMU: 110,000 titles
 WSU: 169,844 titles

Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
Lansing, MI & Indianapolis, IN
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879
Cell:  (517) 927-5121