[Mcls-print-storage] Agenda

Randy Dykhuis DykhuisR at mcls.org
Tue Aug 28 13:47:42 EDT 2012

Hi, all. Tomorrow's meeting starts at 10:00 in the boardroom at MCLS. Here
are the agenda items I have for the meeting:

1. Chris Johnson, Better World Books - presentation & proposal for
removing discarded titles

2. Julie Oswalt, Mission Based Books - presentation & proposal for
removing discarded titles

3. Bibliographic identification of retention titles - what actions have
already been taken or are intended by group members at this stage? Should
we try to coordinate and standardize the way we describe these titles in
the record both for our own benefit (and possible inclusion in MeLCat down
the road) and for the broader library community (OCLC).

4. Mechanism for communicating with each other about retention items that
are missing or will not be replaced (e.g. previous editions) - we said in
the MOU we'd do this but not how.

5. Should we capture feedback as a group about how well the project is
working out in practical terms (for the benefit of future MI-SPI
libraries, refresh iterations and possibly feedback to SCS). What has
worked out well and what not so well about the parameters that we chose
and the resultant spreadsheets?

6. Publicizing MI-SPI and providing info to other groups? Should we
approach CRL about to including it on the CRL Website?
http://www.crl.edu/archiving-preservation/print-archives/service-agreements
?

7. Other similar projects - information from ALA and/or other meetings

We can review the agenda before the meeting & decide what if any
modifications we need.

MCLS will provide lunch.

If you are unable to attend in-person, please use the following to join
via conference call:

Phone: 1-877-216-1555
Passcode: 567855

See/talk to you all tomorrow.

Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
Lansing, MI & Indianapolis, IN
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879
Cell:  (517) 927-5121